Happy Friday! See the Carpenter’s Helper newsletter for March 14, 2021. In it you will find a reminder to SAVE THE DATE FOR THE ANNUAL MEETING next Sunday, March 21, 2021 via Zoom at 11 a.m., info about adult education’s “Sacramental Life” 3-week series (March 7, 14, and 28, 2021) starting this week, and an update on our hugely successful blood drive. Also, one of the Girl Scout troops who meets at our church building is having a Smile Drive for dental products for kids in need. See also this year’s Holy Week schedule.
- Sunday, March 14, 2021: Daylight Savings Time – SPRING AHEAD!
- Sunday, March 14, 2021 at 9 a.m.: Holy Eucharist, rite II with music, live on YouTube and in-person via sign-up
- Sunday, March 14, 2021 at 10-10:45 a.m.: Communion at the Curb, in-person with a mask please
- Sunday, March 14, 2021 at 10:30-11:30 a.m.: Novel Theology will discuss “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel” by Deborah Meggoch
- Sunday, March 14, 2021 at 10:45-11:45 a.m.: adult education “Sacramental Life” 3-week series lead by Fr. Howie continues (March 7, 14, and 28)
- Sunday, March 14, 2021 at 5 p.m.: Lenten evening prayer, live on YouTube
- Wednesday at noon: Intercessory Prayers with Holy Eucharist, live on YouTube
- Thursday, March 18, 2021 at 11 a.m.: Lenten Adult Education study of Jon Mechams, “The Hope of Glory”, considering the last words of Jesus on the cross, lead by Fr. Bill. Email the office for a Zoom invitation.
- Thursday at 7 p.m.: Evening Compline Prayers with Deacon Cecily, live via Zoom with leaflet
- Sunday, March 21, 2021 at 9 a.m.: Holy Eucharist, rite II with music, live on YouTube and in-person via sign-up
- Sunday, March 21, 2021 at 10-11 a.m.: Communion at the Curb, in-person with a mask please
- Sunday, March 21, 2021 at 11 a.m.: St. Thomas’s 179th ANNUAL MEETING live via Zoom
You will receive an emailed invitation to all the above events except Fr. Bill’s study (you have to email a request for that one) and their accompanying leaflets. As always, there are copies available to be mailed, so please let me know if you’d like a paper copy.
The new Forward Day by Days are available. Please feel free to stop into the lobby for a copy, or let me know if you’d like one mailed out to you! There are plenty in both large and small print.
To see all events or news, visit our website, check FaceBook, or check out the posted events on the board next to the name tag station. Recent Newsletters, Sermons, or Announcements are also available.
Cana Hartman, Parish Administrator
StThomassOffice@googlegroups.com or (302) 368-4644