Are you ready for more of this winter ride, full of chills and thrills?! According to the 2020 Farmers’ Almanac, this winter will be filled with so many ups and downs on the thermometer, it may remind you of a “Polar Coaster.” Occasional wet snow and unseasonably chilly conditions will hang on for a ride you may not be able to get off until April! I’m curious to see what the groundhog says on Sunday!
A few notes:
- This Saturday will be the funeral service for Brook Kortvelesy at 1 p.m., with a light reception in the great hall following.
- Sunday, we will be celebrating Candlemas. This will be a special service incorporating the blessing of candles.
- Novel Theology will be meeting on February 9, 2020, to discuss A Step of Faith by Richard Paul Evans. “We must all walk in faith, for to live without is to live frozen in circumstance.” This is a thought provoking read, however, as always, reading is not required to participate in this lively discussion.
- Coffee Hour FUN next Sunday: Prayer Beads, touching holiness. An all ages event where we will learn about different methods of using beads for prayer, and have the opportunity to string some for yourself.
- The Spring 2020 Poets’ Corner schedule has been released- mark your calendars! Invite your friends and neighbors! The first featured poet is the ever enchanting and engaging Devon Miller-Duggan on February 15, 2020, at 4 p.m. in the sanctuary.
Cana Hartman, Parish Administrator