Happy February! Today is wear red day. Taking place during American Heart Month, National Wear Red Day® encourages people to wear red to raise awareness about women’s heart health and cardiovascular disease in general, and to help make people aware that heart disease is the number one killer of women. The ultimate goal of the day is to help save lives.
Please see this week’s Carpenter’s Helper newsletter. We have many exciting events taking place this month. Here are just a few, but to see all the happenings, you can visit our website, check FaceBook, or check out the posted events on the board next to the name tag station.
- This Sunday Novel Theology will meet at 9:15 a.m. in the classroom to discuss A Step of Faith by Richard Paul Evans. Reading this novel is a treat, but it is not a requirement to participate in the discussion; the book only kick-starts the conversation.
- This Sunday following the 10:30 a.m. service, we will have a Fun Coffee Hour Event: Prayer Beads, touching holiness. Stick around after the service to hear about different ways to use beads to aid in meaningful prayer, and then have some Fun creating your own prayer beads! This is an ALL AGES event; invite your friends and neighbors!
- Next Saturday, February 15, 2020 at 4 p.m., come and enjoy a poetry reading by the always engaging and enchanting Devon Miller-Duggan. This is another event that would be perfect to invite a guest or three to. It is co-hosted by the UD English department. Let’s bring a good…no an awesome turn out for Devon!
- Next Sunday kicks off another 6-week series at 9 a.m. in the parlor: An Absurdly Short History of Christianity. Each week can be enjoyed as a stand alone, so no pressure to attend all 6; come when you are able to one or to all.
- Monday, February 17, 2020 is the next Ladies’ Night Out at 6 p.m. at the Courtyard at the Marriott.
- Looking ahead to Ash Wednesday, February 26, 2020, there will be services at 7 a.m., noon, and 7 p.m. More details to follow.
Cana Hartman, Parish Administrator