Happy Friday faith family! Most of us have a 3 day weekend, in honor of MLK Day on Monday. The church office will be closed, so that the kiddos and I can dig into some service projects on our day “ON” (not the day “off”). There are a few opportunities to honor MLK day over the long weekend in this week’s Carpenter’s Helper newsletter.
Just a few reminders this week:
- Ladies’ Night Out on January 17, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. at the Iron Hill Brewing Co in Newark.
- Vestry is meeting this Sunday, and they will also be hosting Coffee and Fellowship hour. This is a wonderful opportunity to speak with them, ask questions and make suggestions. Also, vestry nominations are coming up. If you have questions about this calling, this is a perfect time to ask!
- The Novel Theology group will be meeting this Sunday at 9:15 a.m. to discuss “An Irish Country Love Story” by Patrick Taylor. ALL are welcome to attend, even if, like me, you might not finish this juicy read in time.
- ECM (Episcopal Campus ministry) Spring session dinner sign up is posted in the lobby. Our ECM college-age parishioners have been doing a tremendous job this year growing our Blue Hen Bounty, and will continue this important work all Spring. Let’s support them with some delicious sustenance by volunteering to bring dinner. They truly appreciate a home cooked meal and your company. However, a delivered pizza is always a hit!
- Sunday Flower dedication sign up for 2020 is also posted in the lobby. This is a beautiful way to honor loved ones, and can be in memory of or in thanksgiving for. Flowers can also be dedicated in honor of a place or event special to you.
- Mark your calendar now: Sunday, February 9, 2020 for our Coffee Hour Event on Prayer Beads – touching holiness. More information to come soon.
Cana Hartman, Parish Administrator