Happy Friday! Spring is in the air, and the gorgeous trees and plantings around the church building are beginning to bloom.
See the Carpenter’s Helper newsletter for Easter Sunday and the week of April 4, 2021. In it, you will find an excerpt from Bishop Curry’s Easter message, a reminder that Communion at the Curb will continue (extra long this Easter Sunday, 10-11:30 a.m.), and Eye Spy looks at The Stations of the Cross.
- Saturday, April 3, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. at St. Thomas’s. The Great Vigil of Easter. We will gather for the Church’s most solemn observance – waiting and watching for Our Lord’s resurrection. We will light the new Paschal fire, renew our baptismal promises, and make a joyful noise (get your bells ready!!!) Bishop Kevin will be joining us in-person and Rev. Elizabeth Masterson will be with us virtually.
- Easter Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 9 a.m.: Holy Eucharist, rite II with music, live on YouTube and in-person via sign-up.
- Easter Sunday, April 4, 2021 from 10-11:30 a.m.: Communion at the Curb, in-person with a mask please
- Monday, April 5, 2021: The church office will be closed. Please contact Fr. Howie with any urgent needs. I’ll be back in on Tuesday!
- Wednesday, April 7, 2021: no intercessory prayer service this week. Noon intercessory prayer will resume next week.
- Wednesday, April 7, 2021 from 1-6:00 p.m.: Community blood drive at St. Thomas’s. Call 888-8-BLOOD-8 with any questions and to schedule your appointment. It takes less than an hour to save up to 3 lives!!! Please help spread the word.
- Sunday, April 11, 2021 at 9 a.m.: Holy Eucharist, rite II with music, live on YouTube and in-person via sign-up
- Sunday, April 11, 2021 from 10-11:00 a.m.: Communion at the Curb, in-person with a mask please
- Sunday, April 18, 2021 at 10:30 a.m.: Novel Theology will zoom to discuss “Dimity and the Heart of Gold” by Nancy Atherton
You will receive an emailed invitation to all the above events and their accompanying leaflets. As always, there are copies available to be mailed, so please let me know if you’d like a paper copy. If you have anything to add to the calendar, or the Carpenter’s Helper, email the office.
The new Forward Day by Days are available. Please feel free to stop into the lobby for a copy, or let me know if you’d like one mailed out to you! There are plenty in both large and small print.
One more note, for those of you that read down to the bottom of this email (I know I’ve sent about a million this week). I wanted to share how successful the Smile Drive was. The girl scouts reported that 644 oral care items were donated! Wow!! They are very grateful for our support, and look forward to more community outreach in the future. Thank you for helping these young ladies learn about outreach, and thank you for your donations that will help children all over New Castle County.
To see all events or news, visit our website, check FaceBook, or check out the posted events on the board next to the name tag station. Recent Newsletters, Sermons, or Announcements are also available.
Cana Hartman, Parish Administrator
StThomassOffice@googlegroups.com or (302) 368-4644