Hello faith family! I hope this finds you all well. See the Carpenter’s Helper newsletter for the week of September 20, 2020. In it, you will read about “Sea Sunday”, and receive an invitation to participate in the children and youth program survey. Please participate! Your opinion and ideas are wanted! And finally, on a third page there is a flyer for the Hope Dining Room fundraiser at Boscovs store on Oct 14 and 15, 2020.
This week, we will have our 3 regular services, as well as a memorial service:
- Saturday, September 19, 2020 at 2:30 p.m. – Harmon Banning memorial live on YouTube and here is the leaflet.
- Sunday, September 20, 2020 at 9 a.m. – Worship Service, Rite II with music LIVE on YouTube and in-person. Sign up for in-person attendance.
- Wednesday noon – intercessory prayer LIVE on YouTube a leaflet for Pentecost.
- Thursday at 7 p.m. – Compline evening prayers with Deacon Cecily. ALL are Welcome. Let me know if you need a Zoom link for this calming and prayerful end to the day.
- Sunday, September 27, 2020 at 9 a.m. – Worship Service, Rite II with music LIVE on YouTube and in-person.
ALL are Welcome! Please let me know if you’d like a paper copy of any of the leaflets mailed to you. Please do not feel pressure to return to the church building until you are comfortable. We may be in different locations, but we are celebrating TOGETHER.
Ladies – I need to apologize. I have not organized a ladies’ night out/in for September. I know how special and wanted these get-togethers are. Please send me your thoughts and ideas for October! Zoom? Rent out a movie theater (I did this with the kids for $15 total)? Show a move in the great hall with social distancing? Bonfire in the grove or my backyard? Attempt one of the Newark Al Fresco dining nights? Mini Golf at the waterfront?
In this strange time, the church is aware that some of its members are struggling to make ends meet. If you are in this situation, please let the clergy know of your needs, pray for the church, and feel no guilt about your giving. But if you are able to give, options for giving include mailing a check to your church or online giving. See our Giving page.
Please let me know if you have any meetings – virtual or otherwise – that you would like to have included on the Parish calendar.
To see all events or news, visit our website, check FaceBook, or check out the posted events on the board next to the name tag station. Recent Newsletters, Sermons, or Announcements are also available.
Cana Hartman, Parish Administrator
StThomassOffice@googlegroups.com or (302) 368-4644