“Blue Hen Bounty” is a Food Pantry that Episcopal Campus Ministry (ECM) students host for University of Delaware students who are food insecure and cannot provide ample nutrition for themselves.
Food insecure students are invited to come to ECM’s Blue Hen Bounty food closet every Wednesday from 4-5 p.m. or 9:00 a.m – 1:30 p.m.on Monday – Thursday by going to the Parish Office. at St. Thomas’s Parish, 276 S. College Ave. Newark Delaware 19711.
ECM has collected many donated food products including garden fresh vegetables that are shared with students in need, who only need to bring their student UD ID for verification as a UD student. Then, ECM students will share whatever amount of food fulfills their need. Please help spread the word!
Personal items or food donations may be brought to the Church during Church office hours 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. on Monday – Thursday.
For questions, please contact St. Thomas’s Parish via the office at (302) 368-4644.
Blue Hen Bounty in the news
- 2-17-18 update on Episcopal Campus Ministry and Blue Hen Bounty
- 2-16-18 UDaily story: Hundreds find bounty at student-run food pantry, the UD newsletter.
- 5-3-17 ECM promotes Blue Hen Bounty at UD’s Trabant University Center. See ECM in action!
- 4-3-17 Blue Hen Bounty on Facebook
- 12-26-16 Newark Post story Food closet provides a helping hand to UD students
- 11-15-16 UDaily story from UD for staff: Blue Hen Bounty: Campus-area pantry provides food, toiletries for students in need
- 10-7-16 ECM Profile and Food Pantry
- 10-4-16 UDaily from UD for staff: Episcopal Campus Ministry service available for food insecure UD students
- 9-28-16 See Food Closet for food insecure UD students.