Episcopal Campus Ministry (ECM) is a place to explore and live spirituality in community with other students, faculty, staff and parishioners. College-age students are welcome! Through monthly service projects, regional and national events and weekly gatherings, we connect to the world and one another. There’s always food and fun, time to worship and time to just hang out. On Wednesdays, ECM students meet at 5:30 p.m. for Evening Prayer and then enjoy dinner at 6:00 p.m. Won’t you join us?
See our activities below and our 2016 newsletter.
|Hannah Watts||Vice Presidentemail@example.com|
Fall 2016 Activities
- Tue., Aug 30, 2016 – Student Activities night at UD
- Sun., Oct. 9, 2016 from 3-5 p.m. – hosted by the Presbyterian students at 157 W. Main Street. We will make snacks and toys for service dogs. This service activity was suggested by the Presbyterian students for our Young Adult and Campus Ministry (YACM) collaborative “Together at the Table” grant. See story.
- Sun., Oct. 23, 2016 – After the 10:30 a.m. service, we will be going apple picking at Milburn Orchards and will meet at the church a little before noon to carpool there.
- Wed., Oct. 26, 2016 at 5:30 p.m. – make pies from apple picking at Milburn Orchards. See story.
- Sat., Nov. 12, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. – we will meet at the church around 5:15 p.m. and go Milburn Orchards until the late evening for a hay ride and bon fire! This fellowship activity is recommended by our Young Adult and Campus Ministry (YACM) collaborative “Together at the Table” grant and is hosted by us – Episcopal Campus Ministry (ECM)! See story.
- Sun., Nov. 13, 2016 – ECM Sunday. We’ll actively participate in the 8:00 and 10:30 a.m. services by sharing the sermon, leading the readings, ushering, and will host coffee hour. See story.
- See Colleen Murray’s sermon for the Twenty-Sixth Sunday after Pentecost & Episcopal Campus Ministry Sunday.
- Sun., Nov. 13, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. after 10:30 a.m. service – Thanksgiving dinner to be hosted by ECM Advisory Board for ECM students.
- Wed., Nov 16, 2016 from either 7-9 or 8-10 p.m. we will be having a relaxation and connection day with other religious student groups. See picture of ECM and Hillel students.
- Sat., Nov. 19, 2016 – Parish Life Day – ECM will sell goods to raise $$ for mission trip in April
- Fri-Dec. 2, Sat-Dec. 3, Sun.-Dec. 4 – St. Thomas’s Christmas Bazaar – we’ll be selling goods to fund-raise for our mission trip.
- Fri., Dec. 2, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. – joint meeting with the Lutheran and Presbyterian students for Advent. Worship led by Lutheran students. This worship activity is recommended by our Young Adult and Campus Ministry (YACM) collaborative “Together at the Table” grant.
- Wed., Dec. 7, 2016 – last meeting for Fall 2016
Spring 2017 Activities
- Wed., March 8, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. – Oxfam America Hunger Banquet in collaboration with the Lutheran Campus Ministry (LCM) and Presbyterian Campus Ministry (PCM) students. This is the closing activity as recommended by our Young Adult and Campus Ministry (YACM) collaborative grant. It is a memorable and interactive event that brings hunger and poverty issues to life and is described as “life changing.”
- Wed.-Thurs., April 12-13, 2017 – ECM retreat at Memorial House, Lewes, DE
- Spring Break 2017 (March 25 – April 2, 2017) – mission trip to North Carolina cancelled.
- April 2017 – ECM, LCM, and PCM students will assess this year’s experiences and plan for next year. This event is recommended by our Young Adult and Campus Ministry (YACM) collaborative grant.
- Wed., May 3 – ECM promotes Blue Hen Bounty at UD’s Trabant University Center. See ECM in action!
- Sun., May 7, 2017 – ECM Sunday. We’ll actively participate in the 8:00 and 10:30 a.m. services by sharing the sermon, leading the readings, ushering, and will host coffee hour.
Our Service Activities
- Blue Hen Bounty food pantry for food insecure students on Wednesdays from 4-5 p.m.
- Emmanuel Dining Hall – we make brownies once a month to donate.
- 9-28-16 See Food Closet for food insecure UD students.
- 10-4-16 UDaily from UD for staff: Episcopal Campus Ministry service available for food insecure UD students
- 10-7-16 ECM Profile and Food Pantry
- 11-13-16 Episcopal Campus Ministry (ECM) Sunday – Nov. 13
- 11-15-16 UDaily story from UD for staff: Blue Hen Bounty: Campus-area pantry provides food, toiletries for students in need
- 12-26-16 Newark Post story Food closet provides a helping hand to UD students
ECM Student Recognition
- ECM student Julia Amoriello pens article titled “How to Successfully Room with a Friend“
- 3 ECM students work at WVUD – UD’s student-run radio station