Below are some activities for this year. If you are college age, won’t you join us? We meet Wednesdays at St. Thomas’s at 5:30 p.m. for Evening Prayer and then for dinner and friendship. See our 2017 newsletter.
Fall 2017 Activities
- Mon., Aug. 28, 2017 from 11 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., ECM will be hosting a Welcome Table at Perkins Student Center (map) with Lutheran Campus Ministry (LCM) and Presbyterian Campus Ministry (PCM).
- Wed., Aug 30, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. – Student Activities Night at UD
- Wed., Sep. 6, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. – first ECM meeting for Fall 2017 term.
- Sun., Sep.24, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. – 175th Anniversary service and lunch
- Sat., Oct. 28, 2017 at 8:00 p.m. – Bonfire and Hayride. The signup sheet is on the doors at the church.
Spring 2018 Activities
- Fri., Jan. 26, 2018 at noon – Interfaith visit to Islamic Center of Delaware hosted by PCM, Hillel, ECM, and LCM.
- Sun., Jan. 28, 2018 at 11:30 a.m. – Catholic Winterfaith Experience hosted by PCM, Hillel, ECM, and Catholic CM.
- Wed., Jan. 31, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. at Panera Bread – Illumine Conversation. Hosted by LUMOS Presbyterian Campus Ministry, ECM, Lutheran Campus Ministry, and Wesley Foundation.
- Wed., Feb. 7, 2018 – first ECM gathering for Spring.
- Sun., Feb. 18, 2018 at 2:00 p.m.: In collaboration with the Lutheran and Presbyterian Chaplaincies, for Black History month we will screen the film “A Dream Deferred.” This film is about the National Guard that was deployed to Wilmington Delaware during the civil unrest in 1968. A panel discussion will follow.
- Mission trip: Monday, March 26 to Thursday, March 29, 2018. We will be going to Camp Arrowhead in Lewes, Delaware, and will spend our time painting two areas and helping to clean out a storage area.
- Wed., April 18, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. – Bishop visits with ECM.
- Sunday, May 6, 2018 – ECM Sunday. We’ll actively participate in the 8:00 and 10:30 a.m. services by sharing the sermon, leading the readings, ushering, and hosting coffee hour.
Our Service Activities
- Blue Hen Bounty food pantry for food insecure students on Wednesdays from 4-5 p.m. or 9:00 a.m – 1:30 p.m.on Monday – Thursday by going to the Parish Office.
- Emmanuel Dining Hall – we make brownies once a month to donate.